Wednesday, March 2, 2011

C.J. Chenier at Wilbert's in Cleveland, Ohio.

1/28/11
C.J. Chenier dares me to talk to him before the show
I saw C.J. Chenier, son of zydeco legend Clifton Chenier, at Wilbert's in downtown Cleveland. This was the third time I had seen C.J. and this was definitely his least engaging performance. He sounded fine and his band was working hard but C.J. seemed a little distracted the whole night. Usually he will start a congo line at some point in the show and come dancing out into the audience but on this night he just played his accordion and looked pissed. I took a photo of him at the bar before the show and he looked pissed then too. Maybe he was just suffering from one to many one nighters. Anyway, I did get a good video from the show. I particularly like the scrubboard player. He looks like he is in pain the during the entire song.




1 comment:

  1. Want I might read this two weeks in the past!
    ha!
    All superior tips. I would seriously like to
    attempt a inexperienced home...

    Here is my web page: Weed Seeds

    ReplyDelete